Friday, October 9, 2020

 Bobblehead Want List - October 2020, Part 1


My first installment of attempting to make this look presentable will be to highlight the first five bobbleheads that are on my current wish list.


The first five current items on my Wish List:

  • Boog Powell - This was sold or given away by the Red Cross in Baltimore in 2007. Prices online range from $499-$729.  Way out of my price range unless I happen upon one randomly that isn't "market priced". I always liked Powell as a player and the chef's hat, a tribute to his Camden Yards barbeque food stand is very cool.
  • Lefty O'Doul - San Francisco Giants SGA (2008). Depicts O'Doul on a shamrock and wearing the old San Francisco Seals uniform from the old PCL. Lefty was a beloved SF baseball guy that helped mentor Joe DiMaggio and bring baseball to Japan. Price including shipping starting at about $60.  That's getting close to my range for this one.
  • Carlos May - Chicago White Sox Fantasy Camp (2006). I don't currently see one for sale, but when they have been they are out of my range ($150+).  That said, May was a favorite of mine as a kid because for some reason I really liked his 1970 Topps card (below).  This bobblehead is of particular interest to me for three other reasons.  First, I loved the White Sox red pinstriped uniforms, May lost part of his thumb in an accident in reserve military training (protecting us...thank you) and third because the bobblehead looks like Chris Rock to me.

  • Rogers Hornsby - Cardinals Hall of Fame Bobblehead. Not quite sure about the pedigree on this one, but it appears to have been a limited edition sold at/by the Cardinals Hall of Fame. A neat place that my son and I visited last fall. Only current one on Ebay is $115, but there are recently sold pieces that have gone from $65-$120 including shipping.  I am sitting just below that bottom of this range, so I am hopeful I will find one. Obviously, one of the all-time greats and in a sold old-school, pre batting helmet uniform. 
  • Bill Melton - 2004 White Sox Fantasy Camp. Another piece that I last saw in the $200 range so nothing I am going to own soon.  That said, I liked Melton as a player, its a pretty decent facial likeness, a unique pose and the red ChiSox uniform.


No comments:

Post a Comment

    Bobblehead Want List - October 2020, Part 2 The second installment of my current wish list includes a group of five that are at the lowe...